CYE Dress Code
You can find this code on your registration form.
As human beings, we are made in the image and likeness of God, and it is important for us to point one another to Heaven through our words, actions, and even through what we wear. Our clothing speaks of who we are and what we represent. The Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches that purity requires modesty. Modesty protects the intimate center of the person. It means refusing to unveil what should remain hidden. It guides how one looks at others and behaves towards them in conformity with the dignity of persons and their solidarity. Modesty protects the mystery of the persons and their love (CCC 2521,2).
1. I understand that when I am not engaged in a water/sport activity, I must be fully clothed. This includes an appropriate shirt on top and appropriate shorts or pants on bottom.
2. Women: I agree to refrain from wearing strapless or spaghetti-strapped tank tops or shirts and pants that are tight and revealing. I agree to not wear low-cut shirts, short-shorts, short skirts (even with tights underneath), yoga pants, leggings, or “jeggings.” The length of my skirts or shorts will extend past my fingertips as my arms hang at my sides. I understand that my stomach must be covered and that bikinis are NOT allowed.
3. Men: I agree to wear loose fitting shirts and shorts that come to my knee. I agree to keep my boxer shorts covered up at all times. I understand that Speedo-type swimwear is NOT allowed.
I understand that if I am dressed inappropriately, the Expedition Director or Women's Formation Advisor may approach me to discuss my attire and ask me to change.
CYE Code of Behavior
We are glad to have you on an expedition! During this expedition, we expect that you will display mature and responsible behavior, which for many
years has been the trademark of Catholic youth and adults of our diocese. Some expectations:
1. All participants are expected to arrive on time.
2. All participants are expected to demonstrate common courtesy and respect at all times. Inappropriate language/behavior will not be tolerated.
3. Socializing should always be done in public areas.
4. Dress should reflect the value of modesty and follow the CYE dress code. Writing on clothing should reflect Christian values.
5. The possession or consumption of any alcoholic beverage and/or possession of any illegal drug is not permitted. St. Joseph's Formation Center
is a dry/chemically free campus.
6. Smoking is not permitted.
7. Weapons and/or drug paraphernalia are not permitted.
8. Prescription drugs are to be given to an adult staff member for storage and distribution (Minors only).
9. Infraction of these rules can mean immediate dismissal. Participants will be responsible to local authorities as well.
I understand and agree to this Code of Behavior. If under the age of 18, I also understand and agree that my parents or guardian will be notified at the time of an infraction requiring my dismissal. My parents or guardian will be responsible for my removal from the premises and any costs involved. If over 18, I will be responsible for my removal from the premises and any costs involved.